Individual and Couples Therapy
Life is full of challenges. If you want to initiate change, psychotherapy can help.
If you are struggling with feeling unhappy, misunderstood, untethered, stuck, unmotivated, disappointed, angry, overwhelmed, and sad; it may be time to work with a psychotherapist to feel better. Gail helps people dealing with issues of anxiety, depression, stress, social phobia, trauma, grief and loss, multiculturalism, communication, job burnout or loss, relationship concerns, and family conflicts.
Benefits of Therapy
It can be very hard to ask for help, however, clients usually find that counseling helps them feel better about themselves, get clearer about their lives and improve their situations. Gail believes that therapy is a team effort – she and her clients work together to find resolutions. Gail provides a safe, welcoming and confidential environment so that clients can build trust.
Couples and Relationships
Gail approaches couples counseling with a mixture of coaching and therapy. She counsels both partners – in as neutral a manner as possible – in service of the relationship. Her clients include interfaith, interracial, intercultural, heterosexual and LGBTQ couples in all stages of a relationship – dating, pre-commitment, living together, premarital, and post nuptial.
Questions that may be plaguing you and your partner
- Are you having more bad days than good in your relationship?
- Are you crying more often than smiling?
- Do you stay or do you go?
- If you stay, how do you change the dynamic that is troubling both of you?
- If you go, how do you say goodbye to your best friend?
Benefits of Couples Therapy
- Developing effective communication
- Learning to fight fairly
- Encouraging the respect of differences
- Identifying chronic themes and disagreements
- Improving understanding of yourselves and, in turn, each other
- Resolving the misperception that one or both parties are always responsible for fixing the problem
Areas of Focus
- Trust issues
- Blending and sequencing of careers
- Emotional intimacy
- Sexual and physical intimacy
- Money & Finances
- Anger, conflict and power
- Infidelity and other betrayals
- Issues of loyalty to families of origin
- Separation and divorce
- Raising children
- Blending families
“Thank you for all your help during the course of the year. I know I needed someone who would give me unconditional support and regard and I found her! This year was filled with challenges – around family and self esteem – and you helped me face them with courage and my head held high. Your style, caring, and sunny disposition have given me much strength.”
“I went to see Gail on the recommendation of a friend who had done therapy with Gail. I was at the lowest point of my life and I did not think I could come out of the fog. Working with Gail has helped me turn my outlook and my life around. She is compassionate yet honest and talks to you and not at you. She helped me turn negatives into positives. With her help, I learned how to set boundaries and what patterns to avoid. I discovered what I want and, most importantly, I learned to value myself. The impact of working with Gail has been remarkable. Gail helped me find my voice and for that I am forever appreciative.”