Staying Calm in an Uncertain Time
We are still in a new reality – one of incredible uncertainty.
For the past 10 days, I have been waking up in the morning thinking I had dreamt the day before and this new day would be “normal.” Then I check the news and discover we are still in a new reality – one of incredible uncertainty.
We are in the strangest of times. None of us have experienced a global pandemic in our lifetimes. Most of us are facing daily uncertainty and heightened anxiety. Many of us are panicking, as evidenced by empty shelves in grocery stores and pharmacies.
In an effort to help, I share some concrete steps to manage the anxiety and panic:
- Don’t deny yourself your feelings: Everything you feel is legitimate. In an unprecedented time, you may experience unprecedented feelings – all of which are normal and to be expected. No one has to agree with you, they do need to respect you.
- Set up a structure and routine for the day.
- Play music, sing songs, dance like no one’s watching.
- Get up and get dressed as if you were going to the office or going about your regular day.
- Find a small space within your home to set up a dedicated workspace.
- Use a video conferencing platform to stay connected and limit social isolation.
- Take your dog for a walk and get outside in nature. Remember to practice social distancing while doing so and politely say “no” to requests to pet your dog.
- Get exercising with one of the many work out sessions trainers are posting on Instagram. My favorite can be found @jaime.fitness.
- Have a virtual Happy Hour with friends or family across the globe – remember, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
In the meantime, I am sending my best wishes and prayers for a full recovery for those who are sick. And to those on the frontline taking care of those who are sick, thank you for your courage, service and dedication.
If anyone needs additional guidance or just wants to chat, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at 215-260-4881.
Stay healthy, Stay safe,
Miley Cyrus’ song, “Flowers,” seems to be her way of processing her single status following a public and painful divorce from Liam Hemsworth.
The sound of the ocean, the crash of the waves, the bright blue sky and picturesque cotton-ball clouds. I watched the kite soar higher and higher swaying to the right, then the left, in constant motion.
After getting benched in college at Alabama, Jalen Hurts’ prospect of becoming a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed a long shot.
“You want to cherish these moments with the people that you’ve come so far with, your family, your loved ones, your teammates, your peers, everyone that you do it with and do it for.” – Jalen Hurts
I hope you have had time this holiday season to recharge, renew and refresh – and get ready for a productive, enthusiastic, and joyful 2023.
A bucket list is comprised of the experiences one wants to have during their lifetime. It seems that many people hold on to their lists until they are older and have “more time.”